GradCert. Geographic Information Systems. 2017. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
M.S. Sedimentology, Geophysics. 2017. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
B.S. Geosciences. 2015. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Dept. of Geology, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh | Instrumentation Specialist
Oshkosh, WI - September 2018 to Present
- Instrument maintenance and repair, order parts/supplies and new equipment, place work orders, supervise student employees.
- Train, supervise, and assist students and faculty in use of research equipment, including safety.
- Co-instruct the UWO Geology Field Camp in Park City, Utah.
- Procure and catalog rock and mineral specimens, maps, and publications. Curate new hallway displays.
- Perform outreach, and supervise/support students and faculty performing outreach activities.
Dept. of Geosciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee | Teaching Assistant
Milwaukee, WI - September 2016 to May 2017
- Teach undergraduate level Geoscience laboratory sections.
- Develop teaching materials, such as syllabi, visual aids, answer keys, and supplementary notes.
- Evaluate and grade examinations, assignments, or papers and record grades.
- Schedule and maintain regular office hours to meet with students.
- Prepare or proctor examinations.
- Provide assistance to faculty members or staff with laboratory or field research.
US Geological Survey, NAGT Internship | Physical Scientist
Bozeman, MT - June 2016 to August 2016
- Assisted Dr. Robert Al-Chokhachy and Dr. Adam Sepulveda from the USGS Northern Rocky Mountain Science Center on their ecology field research projects. Responsibilities included deploying instrumentation to collect stream temperature and discharge measurements, amphibian and fish distribution surveys, stream habitat data collection, and conducting eDNA experiments.
Dept. of Geosciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee | Research Assistant
Milwaukee, WI - June 2013 to December 2013
- Assisted Dr. Thomas Hooyer of UW-Milwaukee and Dr. Neal Iverson of Iowa State University on their drumlin formation research project at Múlajökull, Iceland. Responsibilities consisted of digging trenches in glacier till to collect samples for anisotropy magnetic susceptibility (AMS) and consolidation measurements, and running ground penetrating radar (GPR) over landform surfaces.
- Assisted Bill Jacobson, a Ph.D. student at UW-Milwaukee on his basal ice research project at Flàajökull, Iceland. Responsibilities consisted of collecting ice cores and till samples for AMS testing.
- Analyzed till samples for AMS using an Agico Geophysika MFK1-FA Multifuction Kappabridge operated within the UWM Department of Geosciences.
AWARDS & Honors
- 2017: UW-Milwaukee GIS Day Student Project Competition 3rd Place
- 2016: UW-Milwaukee Nelson Cherkauer Lasca Legacy Scholarship Award
- 2016: UW-Milwaukee Research Excellence Award
- 2016: UW-Milwaukee Chancellor’s Graduate Student Award
- 2016: Wisconsin Geological Society Scholarship
- 2016: NAGT-USGS Cooperative Summer Field Training Program Participant
- 2016: UW-Oshkosh Reginald G. Brook Memorial Field Camp Scholarship
- 2015: UW-Milwaukee Chancellor’s Graduate Student Award
- 2015: UW-Milwaukee Final BS degree honors - Cum Laude
- 2015: UW-Milwaukee Final BS degree department honors – Geosciences
- 2014: UW-Milwaukee Geosciences Undergraduate Research Scholarship
- 1994: Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Structural Geology (A)
- Field Geology (A-)
- Carbonate Sedimentology (A)
- Sequence Stratigraphy & Basin Analysis (A)
- X-Ray Analytical Methods (A)
- Conducted Field Trip-Appalachia (A)
- Advanced Independent Reading (A)
- Geographic Information Science (A)
- Internet Geographic Information Systems (A)
- Using Urban GIS for Planning (A)
- Independent Study (GIS Internship) (A)
- Remote Sensing: Environmental & Land Use Analysis (A)
- Master's Thesis (A)
- The Earth Environment (A)
- Introduction to the Earth (A)
- Principles-Historical Geology (A)
- Stratigraphy and Sedimentation (A)
- Process Geomorphology (A-)
- Principles of Mineralogy (A)
- Volcanology (A)
- Elementary Petrology (A-)
- GIS-Geoscience Application (A)
- Physical Sedimentology (A)
- Introduction to Geophysics (A)
- Planetary Geology (A)
- Glacial & Pleistocene Geology (A)