GradCert. Geographic Information Systems. 2017. UW-Milwaukee
M.S. Sedimentology, Geophysics. 2017. UW-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
B.S. Geosciences. 2015. UW-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
- Structural Geology (A)
- Field Geology (A-)
- Carbonate Sedimentology (A)
- Sequence Stratigraphy & Basin Analysis (A)
- X-Ray Analytical Methods (A)
- Conducted Field Trip-Appalachia (A)
- Advanced Independent Reading (A)
- Geographic Information Science (A)
- Internet Geographic Information Systems (A)
- Using Urban GIS for Planning (A)
- Independent Study (GIS Internship) (A)
- Remote Sensing: Environmental & Land Use Analysis (A)
- Master's Thesis (A)
- The Earth Environment (A)
- Introduction to the Earth (A)
- Principles-Historical Geology (A)
- Stratigraphy and Sedimentation (A)
- Process Geomorphology (A-)
- Principles of Mineralogy (A)
- Volcanology (A)
- Elementary Petrology (A-)
- GIS-Geoscience Application (A)
- Physical Sedimentology (A)
- Introduction to Geophysics (A)
- Planetary Geology (A)
- Glacial & Pleistocene Geology (A)
AWARDS & Honors
- 2016: UW-Milwaukee Nelson Cherkauer Lasca Legacy Scholarship Award
- 2016: UW-Milwaukee Research Excellence Award
- 2016: UW-Milwaukee Chancellor’s Graduate Student Award
- 2016: Wisconsin Geological Society Scholarship
- 2016: NAGT-USGS Cooperative Summer Field Training Program Participant
- 2016: UW-Oshkosh Reginald G. Brook Memorial Field Camp Scholarship
- 2015: UW-Milwaukee Chancellor’s Graduate Student Award
- 2015: UW-Milwaukee Final BS degree honors - Cum Laude
- 2015: UW-Milwaukee Final BS degree department honors – Geosciences
- 2014: UW-Milwaukee Geosciences Undergraduate Research Scholarship
- 1994: Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
Department of Interior TRAINING Certifications
- Bear Spray - Training for Defense Against Dangerous Animals (06/28/16)
- CPR / AED / First-Aid Certification (06/28/16)
- DOI Safety and Occupational Overview (06/19/16)
- Electrofishing Safety (06/28/16)
- FISSA + Privacy & Records Management (06/10/2016)
- NSC Defensive Driving Course 9th Edition (06/03/16)
- Safety Authorities, Roles and Responsibilities (06/09/16)
- Safety: 1340 USGS Resources, References, and Standards (06/28/16)
- Safety: 1418 USGS Introduction to Industrial Hygiene (06/28/16)
- Safety: 1553 USGS Bloodborne Pathogens (06/28/16)
- USGS Introduction to Safe Behavior Process (06/09/16)
- USGS Safety and Occupational Health Program Overview (06/09/16)
- USGS Safety Program Requirements (06/09/16)
- USGS Annual Ethics Training (07/20/16)
- Wilderness First-Aid Certification (06/30/16)
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee | Teaching Assistant
Milwaukee, WI - September 2016 to May 2017
- Teach undergraduate level Geoscience laboratory sections.
- Develop teaching materials, such as syllabi, visual aids, answer keys, and supplementary notes.
- Evaluate and grade examinations, assignments, or papers and record grades.
- Schedule and maintain regular office hours to meet with students.
- Prepare or proctor examinations.
- Provide assistance to faculty members or staff with laboratory or field research.
US Geological Survey, NAGT Internship | Physical Scientist
Bozeman, MT - June 2016 to August 2016
- Assisted Dr. Robert Al-Chokhachy and Dr. Adam Sepulveda from the USGS Northern Rocky Mountain Science Center on their ecology field research projects.
- Responsibilities included deploying instrumentation to collect stream temperature and discharge measurements, amphibian and fish distribution surveys, stream habitat data collection, and conducting eDNA experiments.
Lazy Susan Restaurant | Bar Manager
Milwaukee, WI - August 2014 to May 2016
- Served customers in a helpful/friendly manner.
- Received/served drink and food orders and collected payments.
- Assisted with ordering and inventory, maintaining and stocking all bar items.
- Developed, promoted, and maintained beer cellar.
- Maintained a clean and organized work area.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee | Field Research Assistant
Milwaukee, WI - June 2013 to December 2013
- Assisted Dr. Thomas Hooyer of UW-Milwaukee and Dr. Neal Iverson of Iowa State University on their drumlin formation research project at Múlajökull, Iceland. Responsibilities consisted of digging trenches in glacier till to collect samples for anisotropy magnetic susceptibility (AMS) and consolidation measurements, and running ground penetrating radar (GPR) over landform surfaces.
- Assisted Bill Jacobson, a Ph.D. student at UW-Milwaukee on his basal ice research project at Flàajökull, Iceland. Responsibilities consisted of collecting ice cores and till samples for AMS testing.
- Analyzed till samples for AMS using an Agico Geophysika MFK1-FA Multifuction Kappabridge operated within the UWM Department of Geosciences.
Amato Inside INC | Owner, Director of Operations
Los Angeles, CA - January 2012 to December 2014
- Promotions and marketing manager for Native (Los Angeles, CA) and Apart (Milwaukee, WI).
- Developed and executed all marketing and promotional strategies.
- Implemented and managed all aspects of event marketing including design, press, promotions, ticket sales, and social networking.
- Managed brand integrity and positioning, brand imaging, marketing materials, and asset production.
Amedia Entertainment LLC | Owner, Director of Operations
Milwaukee, WI - January 2004 to December 2011
- Event manager for Vanguard, Giant, and Avalon Nightclub (Hollywood, CA) from 2009-2011.
- Operated an independent digital record label; Potty Mouth Music (Chicago, IL) from 2007-2011. Sold company in 2012.
- Music director and talent buyer at Smart Bar / Metro (Chicago, IL) from 2006-2009.
- Co-owned and operated an 8,000 sq ft, 450 capacity nightclub; Mantra (Milwaukee, WI) from 2004-2007. Sold company in 2007.